Here at Cookie Plug San Diego, we’re not just about the products that we sell. From time to time, we offer other special treats for our loyal followers. For today, we will give you an easy weed cookie recipe that you can do, regardless of your baking experience. All you need is to follow each step and measurement.
Butter is an essential ingredient in every baked good. And in the case of cannabis cookies, this is where you infuse your precious buds to give your treat that psychotropic kick. When making cannabutter, your buds need to undergo a crucial step called decarboxylation. Simply put, it’s the process of heating up your buds up to a temperature of 245°F (118°C) to activate the cannabinoids. Once you’ve decarbed your buds, you then add them to a cup of melted butter. After letting it simmer for at least three hours, you strain off the plant material using some cheesecloth. Let that strained mixture call, and voila! You now have your very own homemade cannabutter.
Your Easy Cannabis Cookie Recipe
Let’s proceed to what you all came here for. Now that you have your cannabutter, you can now begin with the baking process.
What you’ll need
- A cup of your very own cannabutter
- Two cups of all-purpose flour
- A teaspoon of baking soda
- A teaspoon of kosher salt
- Half a cup of white sugar
- Two eggs
- A teaspoon of espresso powder
- A pack of high-quality dark chocolate chips
- Two teaspoons of vanilla
What you’ll do
- Pour your butter and sugar into a medium bowl and whisk them together until combined. You can also use a stand mixer and do the same process for up to four minutes.
- Once the mixture becomes homogeneous, pause the whisking and add in the eggs. Resume the whisking or mixing.
- Take another medium bowl and pour in the rest of your dry ingredients: flour, salt, baking soda, and espresso powder. Whisk everything until they are thoroughly combined.
- Pour half of your dry ingredients into the egg and sugar mixture and whisk until they’re combined. Pour in the rest of the mixture and continue the whisking process.
- Add in your chocolates. If you’re using chocolate bars, chop them up into smaller, bite-sized pieces. Mix the batter thoroughly.
- Preheat your oven to 350°F (176°C). While doing so, mold your cookies using an ice cream scooper and line them up onto a baking sheet.
- Place your cookies in the oven and allow them to bake for 12 to 14 minutes. Once that’s done, remove them from the oven and allow them to cool for up to two minutes before moving them onto a cooling rack. Let it cool for another ten minutes.
- Serve and enjoy!
These are just the basic cookie baking steps. Feel free to add other ingredients like nuts or white chocolate. Be creative!
Check Out Our Treats at Cookie Plug San Diego
If you don’t have time to do some baking, you can check out our very own treats at Cookie Plug San Diego. Each bite is packed with both flavor and THC, ensuring you get the full edible experience. For more information, visit our website.